Wedding Photographer Referrals

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Curious to know what, if any, arrangements you have with photographers that you are willing to share? I have had good luck with networking with photographers in the past and have gotten plenty of referrals from them. However, I have had new photographers approch me asking about referral fees.  Have you all ever paid referrals?  If so how much?  Or do you just try and return the favor?  Thanks.

Participant

We made relationships with many different photographers who claim to refer us. I never heard of a referral fee though. I probably wouldn't pay it, but offer to refer them in return.

Participant

Depending on the quality of the refferals shelling out some cash isn't always a bad option when you can turn a profit, as well as, future refferals from the client.

Participant

We work with numerous wedding photographers in Toronto. 

One of the photographer whom we work the most, pays us about $250 per client we refer him. He is very honest and always keen to his word. We work with him about 10 to 12 times a year.

Most other photographers I have worked with never pays us, and we never bother asking just to keep a good relationship going. I would usually say, if a photographer approaches you for refererral and mentions compenstation, then is proper to discuss the amount. If not, I wouldn't do it.

In terms of other photographeres who brings us business, there was only one time where we paid a referral fee. Which was only $100. We did just as a sign of good faith and to establish a continue business with them.

In my honest opinion, however, you don't want to build a business based on referrals. Is best to devise a marketing strategy to reach your intended audience.

Instead of other photographers, I would try to talk to some wedding planneres, they usually have a better clientele to refer to you.

http://SDEWeddings.com

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap