Wedding highlights – Critique it!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello to all.
      As fellow editors, I’m sure you can relate to those “uncertain” clients – you know, those who always have something to say about your work but can’t really pin-point what they want and have trouble relaying their issues to you. So I have this photographer client that wants his wedding highlights edited with a “clean-classic” theme, so basically, mostly cut-to-cut, with no (or very little) lens-flares, time-remapping, etc… some he orders in chronological order (clip is in chronological order of the day’s events) and some non-chronological. HE chooses the background songs. Ok great, so I edited some clips for him and although I LOVE constructive criticism, he said that they were “ok” but he said that he feels that the video segments are not edited in an order that is pleasing to view. Now, let me say, I am against cutting on EVERY beat and I when I edit, I am trying to “tell-a-story” of the day’s events – and that is my thought process when deciding what order to place segments. I myself feel that much effort was put into each clip but as I said, I would LOVE to get some constructive criticism on my editing of these clips. Here are two clips that I edited (didn’t film). One is in chronological order and one isn’t. I would greatly appreciate constructive criticism on the edit so I can know if there is really a place for improvement or if my client is just “delusional” πŸ™‚ Thanks a ton!

Highlights chronological VS2544:

Highlights non-chronological VS2538:

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available β€” 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap