Watermarking while recording

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi All,

I am starting a videography business, my service will be recording a lot (600+) of short videos (30-60 seconds) each day. I would like to have my videos watermarked with my logo but am trying to find a way to do this without having to put each video into my editor. Is there a way to capture my videos with an image overlay or watermark without degrading the quality of the video?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Garison

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Hi Gson-

While it won't add a watermark while recording, Sorenson Squeeze will add a watermark while transcoding. Just set up a watch folder so that when you dump files from your camera into the folder, Squeeze transcodes and adds a watermark automatically.

http://forum.sorensonmedia.com/forum/content.php?454-Watermark-Filter

Participant

Thank You Mike! I signed up for a free trial and this seems like a fantastic reccomendation!  Do you know if the speed of the ecoding varies by the speed of the computer? I thought I saw that it encodes faster then real time, but on my computer now (nothing special) it is taking about 1.5 minutes for a 35 sec video.

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

It not only depends ont he sepeed of your computer, but also the type of compression you're using. You might want to try a few different codecs and bit-rates and see if that helps.

Participant

Lots of video editing software allows user to import logo or photo into the video, of course the quality won't being affected.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap