You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Warning: scammer looking for wedding videographer

Home Forums General Deal and Scam Alert Warning: scammer looking for wedding videographer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LizPekler 1 month ago.

• Author

mfasman

Beware of this spammer. I fell for it for a bit, until he asked me for my credit card number to help pay for his "caterer".

Christopher Kevin <christopherkevin256@gmail.com>

Hello, how are you today? I will like to know your availability for my daughter wedding taking place on 24th February 2018. We will like you to shoot the video for the day, and your service will be needed for 4 hours respectively. Also, did you accept major credit cards as a form of payment? 

Thank you

JackWolcott
    Participant

Sorry to hear you got hit with this scam; glad you saw through it.  It has been around for at least 20 years and is almost always targeted at wedding videographers.

perrywhite

you require an atual and professional video editor to handle your footage and colour grade it hola at almostjoey through fiverr heres the link https://www.fiverr.com/almostjoey/edit-any-kind-of-raw-video-footage-in-3-hours?arrived_from_manage_gigs=true&display_share=true

LizPekler

If you're a professional photographer/videographer (or someone who take down-payments for services, like anyone in the wedding industry) you should watch out for this scam. I agree with Jack Wolcott, this scam has been around for quite a long time already. It all starts with an innocent email until thye asked for your credit card number. So better be aware and cautious. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.