Want to make a video on traveling!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

I want to write a script for my traveling video. Since I’m new in this field I have got no idea on how to do it exactly. Can someone please suggest me any guide to make a good travel video? I want to make 30 minutes video on Australia Traveling and upload it to my website http://www.Maps2Anywhere.com. I’m eagerly waiting for the responses.

Have a look at this….

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Good-Travel-Video

regards,

Robert

Participant

You can certainly imagine a scenario based on where and how you’re going — i.e., from Sydney to Alice Springs via train — but in my experience the actual “script” develops as I travel. In this instance I know I need shots of Sydney and its train station, and of Alice Springs when I arrive. But I have no way of knowing what I’ll see along the way so I respond to my environment as I move along.
      With that in mind, there are certain shots which, for me, are essential.
      (1) Signage: it helps tell the story of where I am and what I’m looking at.
      (2) A wide, medium and closeup shot of everything I take footage of. This gives me lots of flexibility when editing.
      (3) Shots of people doing things in the environment you’re shooting. Nothing is more boring (unless you’re an architectural historian) than shot after shot of old buildings. Include buildings in your cover shots, but try to focus on people in the medium and closeup.
      (4) A good way of keeping track of where and what you’re shooting is to begin each day by shooting a reminder — the hotel stationary, for example, of the hotel sign — with the date/time turned on in your camera so it records on the image. Then be sure to turn off the on-screen date/time and enjoy shooting for the rest of the day. When you review your material for edit you’ll identify locations easily.
      (5) One final suggestion: identify your audience before you begin the trip. What you shoot to appeal to 20-somethings will undoubtedly be different from what you shoot for the gray-beard set.

Jack

Hello Jack, your answer is very useful to me. I now know what I have to do. Thanks a ton my friend! I’ll get a high definition camera to record all the scenery on my way.

Participant

Agree with everything Jack said. Here are a few more suggestions:
      (6) Capture lots of sound. (Even if it’s dark and the video is not so great. If you go to see something like a history or native dance performance that could provide some nice background for your other edits.
      (7) If your camcorder has external audio input and a shoe mount, consider attaching a small zoom microphone. (Like the Rode VideoMic … check Craigslist for a deal on a used one.)
      (8) I have a $100 Zoom H1 digital recorder that’s great for capturing external sound.
      (9) Save all of your receipts, brochures, tickets. Scan them when you get home, you might be able to use these as stills in the video
      (10) Make sure your traveling companion(s) are aware of the camera. My wife always walks ahead while I’m shooting, then complains ’cause the camera is always looking at her butt.
      (11) Let someone else operate the camera so you can be in the video
      (12) Carry a mini tripod
      (13) Trekking in Australia? I have a telescoping walking stick; when the top knob is unscrewed it becomes a monopod
      (14) If you’re the video person, make sure everyone is shooting stills and movies with their phones or point ‘n shoot cameras. Use it for B-roll when you edit.
      (15) Use the smartphone’s “flashlight” function to illuminate things when it’s too dark
      (16) Every place visit starts a new chapter for the tale of your journey. Each chapter needs its own shots for establishing, medium, closeups, people, location sound, etc. Write down every shot you’ll need on an index card and tape it to your camera or camera bag. Keep checking it to make sure you come home with everything you need for the edit.

Hope these provide some extra help.

I have noted down every tips you all have given. I’ll work on it. Till then, I have made a video presentation of mexico. Could you watch it and comment if you find it useful as a tourist – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHfKf-yT3_g

Participant

Hello,

If you are not familiar with video editing and want the videos to be ready within few minutes then I suggest you to use slideshow video making tools such as Picovico. It’s a tool for non-tech people that converts beautiful photos into slideshow videos with music. You can even add text slides to give a storyline to your video. Watch out the sample video:

For more information, visit Picovico website: http://picovico.com

Hope this helps!

Rick Steves makes great travel videos with a small crew. If you are solo you will probably still get good tips. You can watch the video of how they make the show on youtube.

We are the most reputed go-to corporate video production company in Dubai and the rest of UAE. At Studio 52 Video, we produce excellent corporate videos that speak for themselves. We say it in the language of strategic video. Real estate, IT, healthcare, hospitality, education, manufacturing – whatever the sector, Studio 52 corporate videos inform, engage, impress and excite. visit: http://studio52.tv/

Really studio52? Hijacking ancient topics to spam a forum for search engine links. How 2005 of you…

Participant

I always think forums should have a feature that allows responses to go to a firms website/facebook feed with the delete button switched off so you could really let the world know they are idiots after a quick buck!

but thanks to studio52 I found this ancient topic. I was doing assignment at school by making a traveling video of our own city. And lucky that Jack had such a detailed comment! Thank you 🙂

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap