Videomaker Challenge: Borneo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

http://youtu.be/J6T3ixFJEhg

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Penelopecin-

Great Video! I just enabled your Videomaker Plus account.

Thanks for participating!

Participant

I really like your work; the  Borneo piece has a really nice peaceful quality to it. I especially like the two dance pieces. The long one presents some interesting problems, which you've dealt with beautifully. Closeups of dancers to establish the amount of movement in the dance sequences works quite well. Also, the variety of shots keeps the longish piece from becoming repetative.

How many cameras did you use to shoot this? It looks like at least three.

Great job.

It's great to receive feedback, very encouraging.

The dance videos (on http://www.rarolens.com) are from an annual cultural competition we have on Rarotonga. The items are between 5 and 7 minutes long and I always edit them down to about one-and-a-half minutes so they act as trailers for the Ministry of Cultural Development DVDs that have the entire competition.

I only use one camera but try to get a variety of shots knowing that I'm going to edit down. I then select a suitable segment of music from the item and make the shots fit in.

Glad you liked them.

Cheers, Penelopecin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap