Video Village (Sort of)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Quick question for anyone who may have some input.

A quick explanation:

We are a small production company based outside of Los Angeles. We typically work on small commercial spots for technology companies or schools.

Currently, we’re shooting with a C100 mark ii, a set of 5d’s, and an xc10, all of which are HDMI output with 1080p (up to 4k on the xc10).
      Currently, our video review solution is a Paralinx Triton with one receiver. We were formerly running these with a set of SmallHD monitors, but have since upgraded to Atamos Ninja’s.

The problem:

The Paralinx seems to have trouble transmitting a video signal when surrounded by Wireless Networks. These are situations we find ourselves in consistently, and would like to find a better solution for client review.

The question:

What is the best option for live client footage review on set? We realistically only need one receiving monitor or tablet, and one on camera monitor (Atamos). We only need to be transmitting from Camera A, although multiple would be nice.

I’ve been very impressed with the DJI Lightbridge Technology when shooting with drones in the past. If there’s something in this category that could work for us, it would be ideal.

Thank you all for your time. I appreciate any feedback.

Tyler

P.S. If anyone has any recommendations on improving the performance of our boom microphone, let me know.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap