Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › video splitting software
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
May 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM #60668AnonymousInactive
I have the following requirements:
1) I want to split bigger AVI files into random small clips for editing purposes.
2) I want to convert all the random small clips into MOV files for editing in FCP which is the best freeware/paid software which performs this task, I am looking at two main things:
1) is there is S/W which performs both tasks in one step? I should be able to split a random clip and convert it into MOV in same step.
2) Batch processing also? I tried ALLOK Video splitter but it doesnt have MOV as an output option, I also tried FORMAT FACTORY but it is extremely slow, it takes around 20 mins for 30 sec clip splitting.
Please guide regarding some alternative best options.
Looking foward for guidance from experts.
May 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM #207426klookfilmMember
I use free studio for other things like converting to the dvd format when I don't need menus but I am pretty sure this software suit has the tools you are looking for.
best of luck
May 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM #207510
May 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM #207552patcat1ParticipantHave you tried AppGeeker? its an excellent program that does a fine job at encoding videos in many different formats.Check this solution: how to convert AVI to MOV.And it comes with video editing fuction like merge/split, crop, trim, add effect, etc. Supports converting files one by one on the queue.– James
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.