Video playing within another video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all,

New to the forum, video creation and editing.

I’ve started up a youtube channel and I had some questions about editing my content.

Basically my goal is to have a “credit scene” at the end of the video. This is essentially saying thanks for watching, other ways my fans can connect with me and also video annotations (links to other videos that I’ve released in the past.) I want parts of another video or videos playing in this last scene as a preview for the viewer, but only in a small frame in the overall scene.

Since I cannot provide links to any examples I’m trying to explain it the best way I can. If anyone knows of the technical term for what I am asking about or anything on the subject please speak up. I’m currently using Windows movie maker but I have had some experience with more advanced and serious software in the past. I just like simplicity when I can get it.

Thanks in advance for any help or conversation.

-Knees

Participant

What you appear to be describing is a “picture-in-picture” (PIP). I don’t believe Windows Movie Maker can do this on its own, but there are plug-ins for the program that will allow you to do this. You can also create PIP quite easily in programs such as Sony Movie Maker.

palladini971palladini971
      Participant

Yes, Jack is correct, there are plug ins for Movie Maker you can get, search for them on Youtube, they are there. They tell you how to install and have a link in the description box to get the plug-in

As Jack said, what you are talking about is the PIP( picture-in-picture effect), which means two video clips share the display screen at the same time. Then you can see one smaller image superimpose on another large video frame. You can find the detailed steps about how to create such effects from here: http://www.videos-converter.net/tutorials/video-overlay.html

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap