Video Hosting Service Advice!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey all! New to the site because I needed some advice.

Does anyone recommend a service that will host my private video and only allow access to people with exclusive codes? Like, an unlimited amount of codes, so that I can send a different code to EACH viewer and it will only work on their IP address.

I want to allow access to a video, but only to people who are donating on a crowdfunding website. So I will get their email and then send them a code. But I don't want them to be able to share the code like a Vimeo video. 

Thanks!

Participant

Our company works with a large university that puts its Continuing Education videos on Vimeo. Physicians who want to take the courses pay for a password which gives them access to the university's private channel on Vimeo. Seems like this would work for you.

Participant

Hi Brettlelam, a very easy way is YouTube. When uploading your video, make it 'private ' and not 'public' in the settings bar. That way you can mail the link to the person – only they can watch it then. Also in 'settings' make it downloadable or not. Also look at the different YouTube licences to safe gaurd you. Hope this helps a bit.

Inactive

The YouTube unlisted method is a great idea, as he said above.

If I may add, another way of going about doing that, is to upload the YouTube video as unlisted and embed it onto a wordpress blog. Then find a fancy little add on that will allow you to password protect the blog so only those who you give the password to can access it.

Max

Home

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap