Video Hosting Service Advice!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey all! New to the site because I needed some advice.

Does anyone recommend a service that will host my private video and only allow access to people with exclusive codes? Like, an unlimited amount of codes, so that I can send a different code to EACH viewer and it will only work on their IP address.

I want to allow access to a video, but only to people who are donating on a crowdfunding website. So I will get their email and then send them a code. But I don't want them to be able to share the code like a Vimeo video. 

Thanks!

JackWolcott
      Participant

Our company works with a large university that puts its Continuing Education videos on Vimeo. Physicians who want to take the courses pay for a password which gives them access to the university's private channel on Vimeo. Seems like this would work for you.

zooman
      Participant

Hi Brettlelam, a very easy way is YouTube. When uploading your video, make it 'private ' and not 'public' in the settings bar. That way you can mail the link to the person – only they can watch it then. Also in 'settings' make it downloadable or not. Also look at the different YouTube licences to safe gaurd you. Hope this helps a bit.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The YouTube unlisted method is a great idea, as he said above.

If I may add, another way of going about doing that, is to upload the YouTube video as unlisted and embed it onto a wordpress blog. Then find a fancy little add on that will allow you to password protect the blog so only those who you give the password to can access it.

Max

Home

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN