Video for 7 square meters display

paquito's picture

I've been asked to produce a video for a 7sqm display, but I'm confused because they require mp4 video with dimensions Width 448 px Height 288 px, which once blown up will look very bad.

These are the specs they've sent me

7 m² Screen surface

Layout requirements
Width 448 px
Height 288 px

72 dpi

Bold colours recommended
Contrast is important
No white background

10 Seconds max

Jpg / Mp4

How can I produce a video that will show good on a 7sqm display?

Thank you for your help

Kenny Stokes's picture
Plus Member

Only my opinion but Big shapes, contrasting colors, clean fat lines, and no detailing. you don't want anything to become a pixilated mess on 7m2 display. Stick to big clean graphics or if you are using actual video, make sure the subject's background is clean and not cluttered, and stylize the video so details fade but the overall picture stays the same. If done right the viewers will fill in the details.

Video Studio LRCS
Sony PMW-EX1R (2)
Adobe Creative Suite
Asus Prime X299; Intel i9-7900X; GTX 1080 Ti; 64GB DDR4; Win 10 Pro

paulears's picture

The specs don't match, and are incomplete. 7m2 is 3 x 2, or 1 x 7 or 3 x 2.5? it doesn't say. 448pixel sizes are for mobile phone screens.

There is NO WAY that's the spec for a projector - in fact, most projectors cannot handle this size frame anyway - and there's also no indication of 25/39/50/60 frame rate. They are clearly idiots or very green. Steer clear of the project as you will get the blame. If you supply what they ask, it will be terrible blown up!

They have made a big mistake - and clearly have no clue at all.