Video delivery? DVD covers? Flash drives?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kylesmyle
      Participant

Hey everyone!

Most of my clients I’ve started with have just been concerned about having the digital file delivered (real estate videos and a commercial). I did my first wedding for a friend yesterday. I’ve been researching how people deliver their video files to more of a non-business related client like a wedding. I personally would prefer just delivering via flash drives but see a lot of people get requests for DVDs.

How do you deliver yours? If you deliver the DVD, how do you personalize it? I’ve seen a lot of people complain about both light scribe and using DVD stickers and how they cause playback problems etc.

Thanks!

JackWolcott
      Participant

Definitely NO stickers. They have the potential to come off and totally destroy a DVD drive. We print directly onto the disc, creating artwork from the content on the disc — e.g., a picture of the bride and groom if it’s a wedding, or the party girl, etc. — and over-print information such as the names of the bride and groom, date and place of the wedding. In our experience, this creates a real “wow” factor when the client sees their DVD and often leads to additional sales. We place the printed DVD in a clear plastic case so the artwork is easily visible. We follow through with the artwork even if delivering on a flash drive or hard drive, creating a title block using a moment from the event.

Trevor
      Participant

I use the inkjet DVD-R’s to print on the disc, and whether it is a wedding or a transfer of someone’s memory from VHS, I’ll place a small photo on the disc with their name (and for weddings, the date) or the name of the video, and have a sunburst or for weddings a generic flower photo underneath. And then I’ll do the same for the cover, sunburst or flower, with the photo and name-date on the front, and the on the spine I’ll also put the name-date, and I’ll put it in a black Amaray case, and, even before I show them the actual video, I usually have clients crying from the photo on the cover.

Bobby_Lin

DVD is definitely a good option because it is more secure, more traditional, and, I think, more personal. But, there are tons of other options for delivering videos to clients: https://valoso.com/blog/deliver-client-video-files/
      (BitTorrent, file-sharing websites and apps, cloud storage services, email, etc.)

I believe there is no need to personalize the DVD itself to avoid said playback issues, just personalize the DVD case. You can take requests or just have a standard format. Good luck!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN