Video Compression for Email

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I really need some advice about compressing a large video file to email. I've made a video which is 1h 15mins in length. I edited it in WLMM and processed it at 1920 x 1080. It resulted in a video which was 4,662MB. I used handbrake to get it compressed to just 1.14Gb but that's still huge. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I don't want to reduce the quality as this is to be emailed  to someone for further editing and then to be sold.

Thanks in advance

Liz

Participant

With all due respect, since this video is going to edited more, you don't want to compress it at all as that's going to affect the final quality. Send the new editor a jump drive (an 8 GB. drive is very cheap these days) with the original footage, project files and whatever else you used in the project (music, sound FX, graphics, etc.)  on it.

Mike

Agree with rs170a either physically hand a drive or thumbdrive over or try wetransfer.com to send a large file.

I use DropBox to send large files over Internet

Participant

The drawback to DropBox is that you're limited in the file size that you can upload. If you have a Gmail account, you have a free GoogelDrive account and that has a 15GB. limit with no file size restriction that I've found yet and I've uploaded files in excess of 6 GB.

Mike

Participant

If all you have is the free DropBox account, then 2 GB. is all you get. GoogleDrive gives you 15 GB. of space free and bigger is better πŸ™‚

It's true. Dropbox Basic accounts start with 2 GB of free space, but you can earn up to 16 GB of additional space.

Google Drive is also a very good solution!

Participant

When I got my Samsung Galaxy phone almost 3 years ago, I got 50 GB. of space on DropBox for free!! Sadly it was only for two years but it was great having so much free cloud storage πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap