Video Camera with Nikon Lenses

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am loking for a Video camera, to use my Nikon Lenses. I am now making Videos with my Nikon D800. But I am intersted to purchase a good Video camera since I have paid a lot of money for my Nikon lenses.

Has anyone some experience and can recommend a Camera body?  

Thank you for your help

Peter (from Switzerland)

Participant

You can use many different video cameras by using a nikon to ____ (which ever camera you choose) lens adapter. If your looking to get a video camera that has a similar sensor size as the D800 (Full Frame) is going to be tough if your going for an upgrade to a prosumer video camera thats within the same price point as D800. There are a bunch of Sony prosumer cameras depending on your price range. But it also depends on what your looking for, ie, DSLR or a true professional video camera. DSLR's are great but they lack a lot of crucial features. Recording length, audio, moire, ergonomics, etc… and the downside to prosumer video cameras are $. What is your budget? What are your 'must have' features? 

Participant

I use the 4K Panasonic GH4, full frame Sony VG900 camcorder and full frame Sony A7r that I use with Nikon lenses using adapters. The GH4 also works with the Metabones speedbooster to give your Nikon lenses a wider FOV on the 2x crop sensor.

Participant

Thank you Sebastien and Joe for your help

Peter

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap