Video camera with Bluetooth mic

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi

I’m new to video (hope this is right forum) and I need a video camera to do talking head interviews. The sound needs to be good so I would like something with Bluetooth mic capabilities. Budget isn’t huge.

Any good recommendations?

Many thanks

yes I do have a suggestion for you. Bluetooth mics are hit and miss in my experience and you might be fine staying in close. However, when they are good, they are real good ($$$$) prepare to open your wallet a bit wider though . When they are bad, you get the idea. Your on a budget right?. Get an inexpensive recorder with built in mic or get an external mic, for more body wearing options. Turn on both your camera and your recorder, clap once or twice for edit syncing and your in. Got a mono recorder? No problem. Fix that in post so both channels have same audio. Advice…..do not have the mic touching any clothing, as between a shirt and a jacket….you will not like the results. Try it out…you’ll do fine.

I’m going to second the anti-Bluetooth route. Jamie also had a good idea of putting the mic on the person using a lavaliere mic recorded by another device, like an iPhone. There are very inexpensive apps and mics that will give you a lot of control over the iPhone’s recording capabilities. Export that and add that to your timeline. Listen for the claps to sync with your video and you’re golden.
      https://www.amazon.com/Movo-PM10-Omnidirectional-Microphone-Smartphones/dp/B00N0EPZU8/?m1k=d_im&m2k=d_im&tag=imoreb-20&ascsubtag=UUimUdUnU29363

Good luck!
      Chris Sebes
      Senior Video Editor
      http://www.MediaMixStudios.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap