Video Camera Help Needed

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      nsawant
      Participant

I have used a Panaonic Mini DV Camera DVX 100B and loved it as I am an event photographer and most of my work is live in low-light and the repsonse to auto focus is amazing.

Anyway I need to move away from Mini DV and buy a SD based camera. Any suggestions taht will give me the same flexibility of operation as my current camera and in teh 5K price range.

Thank You

Nitin

brunerww

Nitin – coming from the DVX-100B, you'll probably be most comfortable with the $4300 Panasonic AG-AC160A. 22x zoom, 1080/24p/30p/60p recording at a maximum of 28mbps, variable frame rate recording, SMPTE time code, HD-SDI out, two card slots with simultaneous or relay recording –  this is arguably the best camera in its class.

Well-reviewed on Amazon.

Cheers, and good luck with your decision!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

JackWolcott
      Participant

I loved this camera when I saw it not too long ago at a trade show. Excellent layout of manual controls and a very clean image.

The only negative I've seen was a review on the B&H web site that indicated an auto focus problem with the AC-160 that was supposedly corrected in the 160A and, according to the reviewer, had not been entirely corrected. I'd check out the camera carefully before purchasing.

Charles
      Participant

Check out the Panasonic HMC-AG150 it has worked great for me for the live music events I shoot on occasion. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN