Video camera for recording horse racing at around 150 fps

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Specialty Topics Action Sports Video camera for recording horse racing at around 150 fps

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi

My company uses a  Bassler A501kc camera equipped with a Rainbow TV zoom lens to record sections (around 5 seconds long) of horse races at 150 fps from a distance of 100-150 feet. The current set up is controlled via computer/joystick and the zoom can not be adjusted while a video is being recorded.

I need to replace this system with a camera that provides similar fps AND better colors, manual control and the ability to zoom while recording video. Our budget is around $5,000. Any suggestions on what cameras I should be looking at ? I did find the Phantom 65, but not sure if thats the right fit (I don't have any videography knowledge)

Thanks a ton!
      Participant

Phantom 65 is well in excess of $100k if I'm remembering correctly.  

I don't know of any, does anyone else??
      -3D

Participant

The Sony FS-700U can shoot at up to 960 frames per second but is priced at $7499.00 without a lens.   Don't know if this is something like what you are looking for. 

That might be the closest thing! ^^^

Unless you wait a year a two. Seems like slow motion stuff is trickling down in price to the consumer level the longer we wait

Participant

Insanely expensive!

Any suggestions for my range ?

Participant

Phantom is definitely overkill for a horse racing track finish cam but 100k is really not that expensive in a production environment.  It all relative.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best tripods for video — 2021

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap