Variety show suggestions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

If you'd like some entertainment at the expense of some young people, please watch: Running Fan Episode 1 Summer Games.

It's a project that is the result of a small production team, and out-of-pocket budget. There is mostly borrowed equipment in use here. And it is meant to be a fun project.

I'll appreciate any feedback you can provide, and note that we are not satisfied with our audio, and will take extra steps in the future. And for anything you might not understand, it's probably because we're emulating the show, Running Man.

Participant

Hey,

Nice video! I love the idea and it seems like a fun thing to take part in.

I guess my initial feedback would be to try and make it a little shorter – if you don’t know the people involved then it can be much harder to sit through a 30 min video. Make montages of the tasks rather than show everything.

I would also suggest rethinking some of the camera angles. In the beginning with the interviews, the shots are a little odd. Go for close-ups and plenty of editing so that your viewers can get straight to the fun part of the video. Don’t be afraid to take it off the tripod too for the opening and get right in there for a snappy and fast paced opener.

That said, a super wide shot may have helped you out in some of the games just so people can get a sense of everyone’s placement in the field/garden area.

That’s just a few initial thoughts, but I look forward to the next one! Thanks,

John

Inactive

John,

Thank you for the feedback, that's really helpful to have you say it. I was kicking myself even before editing that I didn't get closer shots, the show really does need to be more personal. Episode 2 won't have any better footage since it was shot at the same time, but we're planning to shoot again in the next two weeks. Thank you very much.

-Jackson

Running Fan PD

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap