Uploading AVCHD from Panasonic AC-90A into Final Cut Express 4?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Uploading AVCHD from Panasonic AC-90A into Final Cut Express 4?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I read an article that recommended your products so I'm hoping you can help me.  I recently bought a Panasonic AC-90A HD video camera which uses AVCHD recording format. In the article it said that I should be able to upload into Final Cut Express 4 and edit. I can upload to the viewing screen, however, I can't seem to bring the clips into the bins which I need to do to edit. Would you be able to help finding the problem and clearing it so that I can edit.

Thank you,
      John
      Participant

After googled Final Cut Express 4, i found this criticism "

• No native support for AVCHD and transcoding facilities (AIC) limited to files from attached cameras only" (Check Wikipedia.org). You have 2 options:
      • 1. find a suitable video editing software which can edit AVCHD
      • 2. convert AVCHD to another stuitable format like MP4 then edit with Final Cut Express 4
      •  
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand placing a computer component on a motherboard

The best PC components for your custom video editing computer

Building a video editing computer from scratch? We've rounded up the best PC components out there to help you build a powerful editing machine.
homicide-bootstrap