Uploading AVCHD from Panasonic AC-90A into Final Cut Express 4?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Uploading AVCHD from Panasonic AC-90A into Final Cut Express 4?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I read an article that recommended your products so I'm hoping you can help me.  I recently bought a Panasonic AC-90A HD video camera which uses AVCHD recording format. In the article it said that I should be able to upload into Final Cut Express 4 and edit. I can upload to the viewing screen, however, I can't seem to bring the clips into the bins which I need to do to edit. Would you be able to help finding the problem and clearing it so that I can edit.

Thank you,
      John
      Participant

After googled Final Cut Express 4, i found this criticism "

• No native support for AVCHD and transcoding facilities (AIC) limited to files from attached cameras only" (Check Wikipedia.org). You have 2 options:
      • 1. find a suitable video editing software which can edit AVCHD
      • 2. convert AVCHD to another stuitable format like MP4 then edit with Final Cut Express 4
      •  
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap