Upgrade or not to Upgrade. Help for a hobbyist

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am currently using a Canon HF G30 and I am considering purchasing the Sony NX3. How much improvement would the Sony offer or would someone suggest something else? I mainly shoot high school basketball games which started out as a hobby. However, interest has increased and I have developed a nice following. Improving the picture quality is my main focus. Fast movement can sometimes get distorted with the canon. Season is almost over so it would be mostly used next year. The price of the NX3 continues to drop but I am not sure if it would offer much of an improvement over the HF G30 and if I should be waiting for something else(2k-3k range) since I have a few months before I need it.

Thank you!

I shoot quite a bit, and gotta say that I love my G30. Question for you… Do you shoot in auto or manual mode? In manual mode you can crank up the shutter speed to better handle the capture of fast moving targets. Even with the iris/apperature wide open, the G30 doesn’t really bokah until you hit a zoom factor of 10x or more. So, it should handle fast motion and focus fine with a high shutter speed.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap