Upgrade advice for Canon GL2

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello, My boss and I have been using our Canon GL2 camcorder to record his educational videos & webinars. However, he recently upgraded to new MacBook Pro and the new  version of iMovie does not recognize the camera. I know nothing about video cameras, so I was curious as to what recommendations would you suggest for a newer, but comparable camera to replace the GL2? Our budget is small, like up to $2,000. Thank you!

Hi kenagyassoc – with a $2000 budget, you should update your camera and your editing program.  You can get a free trial of FInal Cut Pro X here.  When you decide to buy it, it will cost you $300.

With FCP X installed, you will be able to import files from just about any camcorder (perhaps even your old CL2).  But I recommend you seriously consider upgrading to a modern, high resolution camcorder such as the $1698 Ultra High Definition Sony FDR-AX100.

Here is what this camera can do:

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your decision!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap