Unable to fix micro shaking/jitteryness (link to video inside)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Unable to fix micro shaking/jitteryness (link to video inside)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      rayankh

Full disclosure – I’m an amateur. My friend was getting married and asked if I could film the wedding as since she didn’t choose to hire a videographer. I gladly helped.

When I got back to editing some of the footage however, I realized that some of the footage I shot with a prime lens (no image stabilization) and I grabbed the camera last minute to capture something so I was holding it by hand to stay stealthy. Naturally it was pretty shaky.

Here is the final outcome:

This is after I ran it through Final Cut Pro X’s image stabilization and adjusted the different scales and tried the rolling shutter. I cannot for the life of me get the jitteriness to go away. What do you guys suggest? Clips 2 and 3 were shot on a monopod so aren’t as bad. Clip 4 (where groom puts his hand on chest) is a little more wobbly as I reduced the image stabilization because it was zooming too far in and cropping out too much otherwise.

At the end of the day though, I just want that jitteryness to go away. It’s driving me mad. How can I fix this? πŸ™

cfxcorp
      Participant

Sometimes you have to get creative. I have slo-moed clips to reduce the stabilization issue and overlayed the audio track or used music with it. Other times I had to resort to a “picture frame effect” to hide the stabilization’s frame edge when I couldn’t let it zoom in on the stabilized clip. A dreamy/cloudy/foggy frame with fade to black edge could be used.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.