Ulead Video Studio

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I am trying to make DVDs from Amateur Drama productins recorded on Camcorder MINI DV tape. I am using the Ulead Video Studio SE DVD package. I have captured a production OK using a USB adaptor for the camcorder. I have a full capture and an edited capture filed on my computer as VSP files. I can open them with the package and play them in the package OK. When I go to Create Vide File, I select “same as first video clip and it proceeds to render it to AV file. It has put AV file in my computer and I have attempted to try playing it with Windows Media Player and failed. I re rendered it with a different selection 4:3 PAL and attempted project playback. I get Title and sound but no video. I am at a loss on how to proceed?

CharlesBennettCharlesBennett
      Participant

I suspect that the VSP files are not compatable with Windows Media player. You need to save your videos as mpeg 4 files at the very least. Try playing the file with VLC media player or Quicktime. If it still won’t play you will have to save it to a compatable format. DVDs themselves use the MPEG 2 format for picture and MPEG 1 for the audio.

You just likely need a well rounded player. I use MPC, BSPlayer, and VLC. You may need to google a codec pack for one of them. But I can’t remember which one. I also think they all have a free version. They all have a subtitle track. So sometimes i sub a totally different story with the music and video playing.

Participant

If the DVDs need an mpg file, then rendering to one format then re-rendering involves quality loss and time – I’ve never come across VLP files – the only ones with that extension I know about are old text files for karaoke – I don’t suppose this is why there is no video? One clue would be file size – is it a huge file or a small one. vlp files are tiny. Are you sure you exported it as a video file and not accidentally produced a text file instead?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap