Trying to decide on camera upgrade so many choices….

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I specalize in event recording, and would prefer to use SD cards to record on. I have an XLR adapter so NOT having XLR inputs is not a complete dealbreaker . I would like the image to look as close to stunning as possible in low light. and I am trying to stay around the 2K mark, but if I can find something great for cheaper I am fine with that also.

Here is a short list of some of the cameras that have my attention –

Canon XA20

panasonic AC90

panasonic HMC-40

Sony HXR-NX30

I enjoy Canon, but I am not sure if this is going to take my shooting to the next level. I have been very impressed with what I have been seeing and hearing about the Sony NX30. But I want to make sure this is something I can keep around for a few years before I really step in up.

I welcome all feedback from anyone familer with these cameras

Thanks

-Mark

Hi Mark – my vote is still for the $1740 AG-AC90:

http://www.videomaker.com/comment/146307#comment-146307

The Canon XA20 won't be released until late June, so it's an unknown quantity – and it is likely to be over $2000.

The AG-AC90 is an even better deal now – it was $1979 when I recommended it before πŸ™‚

Best of luck with your decision,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Hi Mark,

I have a Sony HXR-NX30U, and I'm impressed with what it can do. Right now, I'm working on a documentary and a music video, bot of which I'm shooting with my NX30. For the price, it's a really handy camera. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap