Trouble getting videos onto compure

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      LoganH24

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Canon GL2 to use for casual filming with friends/skateboarding. I knew, since it records with MiniDV tapes, that I’d need some sort of adapter to transfer content onto my computer.

i bought a MyGica Capit adapter (http://www.amazon.com/MyGica-Capit-USB-Video-Capture/dp/B005I63G16) thinking it’d allow me to get film onto my computer, but I was wrong.

The camcorder has a firewire port and S-video port, neither of which my laptop has. I tried using the adapter by plugging it in via USB, plugging an s-video cord into the adapter’s port, then plugging in the other side of the cord into my camera. This didn’t work. The adapter doesn’t have a firewire port, so that wasn’t an option in the first place.

I won’t be able to put a firewire component in my laptop, as I can’t open it up. I also heard that firewire-USB adapters are virtually useless. Buying a new laptop or camcorder isn’t an option, so I figured there has to be some way around this without spending too much money.

Could there be a way to use the AV port in the camcorder to more efficiently transfer it to my laptop via USB, without having to worry about s-video or firewire?

Thanks in advance,

Logan

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN