Tripod Attachment To Take Picks Vertically Above Subject

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear Tripod Attachment To Take Picks Vertically Above Subject

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Morning everyone πŸ™‚

I am looking to purchase an attachment (if there is one available) in which I can attach to my tripod where I can slide the tripod pole in horizontally (like what is shown in this picture https://fstoppers.com/gear/shooting-overhead-save-your-back-tripod-arm-3607)

My current tripod can’t do this, although I can flip it and then tilt it but this happens between the tripod legs and its a little bit faffy.

Thank you for your time and help,

Samuel

Participant

Not sure what you’re asking. The Manfrotto 131D Side Arm to which you refer in your question appears to do exactly what you want. The head attaches directly to a standard tripod with a 3/8 inch screw and I suspect could be attached to a quick release mount so you wouldn’t be required to remove the pan head from the tripod.

Participant

If you want a cheap solution and don;t have a too heavy camera – a cheap but sturdy microphone boom stand, with a β…œ to ΒΌ adaptor and a variable mount will do the job nicely. I use them all the time to mount POV gopro cameras on stage – above the drums, or keyboards.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap