Travel video – I need advices about editing and the video in the whole

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Travel video – I need advices about editing and the video in the whole

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello all the Videomakers! I'm a total beginner in this subject and quite a traveller. I made some travel videos because I see them as a souvenir for the future but recently I thought it's a good thing to share with it. Anyway as I know that I'm going to make some more and more videos as I travel a lot I want to get better at this, that is why I'd love to know what you think of my video. Here's the link : https://vimeo.com/109590477   Thanks a lot for your time. Cheers from Poland πŸ™‚

marekjanik, dobra praca na wideo! You have made a great souvenir video which I am sure you will enjoy viewing many times. There are many beautiful shots and locations. Each videomaker develops their own style so there is no right or wrong way to shoot and edit. I am very glad to see you take advantage of a cell phone camera. It shoots high quality images. I would suggest you invest in some portable stabilizers. That will make your shots smoother and more pleasant to watch. Also, I always keep my audience in mind. If you are shooting and editing for yourself or your companion, all you need is to be reminded of your images. If I am creating for a wider audience, I try to tell a story and answer the basic questions of who, what, when, where and why. You may need to invest in a good quality microphone or recorder to add this dimension to your video. Good Luck and happy travels.

Good advice from John (except that first part.  Not really sure what he said there.  πŸ˜‰ )  Mobile phones make it easy to create and share memories.  If you ever decide to upgrade to a camera that is not also a phone, keep in mind your image stabilization, as John said.  Lots of cameras have good optical image stabilization (OIS), meaning that there is an apparatus inside the camera to which the lens is fixed that moves the lens around as the camera is moved around to compensate for your camera movements.  It's also a good idea to get some sort of stabilizing rig, like a tripod.  If you would rather go handheld, do something to get your hands away from the camera, like mount it on a steadicam.  That will help your shot movement be smoother.  Likewise, you can also get such rigs for your smartphone.  It would be something worth looking into.

Just complimenting his work in Polish!

I figured it was something like that.  I was only kidding.  πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap