“Track Overlay”” in video editors

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing “Track Overlay”” in video editors

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey all. Apologies if any of this is redundant. I will check other threads later. I am looking for software where I can see multiple video (and or audio) tracks laid out in a good visual format on the editing timeline. I just bought adobe premier and see no such interface on the litrature (haven't installed yet). From first glance it looks like some crappy thing to make family memory videos. I want something for serious productions. I have also downloaded a trial of vegas but haven't installed. If you think you know what I mean by a "Track Overlay" visual interface, please let me know what sort of options I can try. Thanks!!

Participant

Not sure about current version of Premier, but Vegas Pro has 'unlimited' number of audio/video tracks.

-Wayne-

Participant

I take it you bought Premiere Elements. The good news is it has what you are looking for. It has a  "screen view" , which is more of a storyboard view and a "Timeline" view that has mutiple video tracks similar to Premiere pro. I guess some call it the "Expert" view. There is a toggle switch for it at the top left of the timeine.

I'm pretty much a Preimire Pro and After Effects kind of guy but I've messed with both elements and sony movie studio and it is impressive what tools those two have.

Participant

Here is a link to show the "Expert" timeline view

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS9B8F8208-EAE8-4b49-A79B-9479B46A8981.html

Participant

Woody; thanks again for your feedback. I dove into my copy of Premiere and so far it is very intuitive and just what I was hoping for and expecting. I am not yet to cutting anything for production, but I have a feel for Premiere and will be sticking with it for this phase of the learning curve. What I am working on right now is my "homework" project; Filming water (fountains, throwing water ballons against visually appealing targets etc.) in order to go through the process of learning my equipment and putting out an initial "practice" piece. Thanks again! K

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap