Tether Camera to Computer, Help?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I don’t know if I came to the right forum or if I posted this in the right place.
      But what I want to do is simple. Or I thought it was a few hours ago anyway.
      I just want to connect my camera to my laptop so that I can see what I’m recording on my computer screen as I’m recording it. Like with a webcam. After about 5 hours of on and off internet searching, I am tired of looking for the answer, so here I am, hopefully someone can bring the anwser to me.
      I’ve downloaded digicamcontrol and OBS studio, because according to different places online, somehow one of these was supposed to enable me to accomplish what I explained above. But I can’t seem to figure it out.
      The camera is a Nikon Coolpix L840. I have a A/V out chord that connects to the computer’s USB port.
      If you can help me, I love you. Thanks.

CharlesBennettCharlesBennett
      Participant

You will usually only get a live output while recording if your camera has an HDMI output which would connect to an HDMI input on your computer. A/V out is designed to work when you play something that is already recorded.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap