Teleconverter lense

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      parrotcam
      Participant

I bought a generic 2.0x teleconversion lens for my canon vixia hfg20 camcorder, and it does magnify the image, however when I film outside, it places a weird color outline around the subject that I am filming, especially with white subjects, I find it also blurs the outline of the video somewhat. Any advice on how I can correct this.

roblewis56
      Participant

this is chromatic aberration. it's like when a prism separates light into colors. you can't easily correct for it. you can minimize it by keeping the subject of interest close to the center. when a lens is designed for a camera it is corrected in the design of the lens and using software. this is a common problem in teleconverter lenses.

parrotcam
      Participant

Thanks fot your answer.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN