Sync of multiple clips from 2 cameras using TIMECODE

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Sync of multiple clips from 2 cameras using TIMECODE

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi there and greetings everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but I'm quite familiar with premiere pro and generally with filming and editing.

My question is simple, yet complicated:

I have 2x 5D mark III synched via timecode to the second and I have an event of about 30 minutes, where each camera recorded individual clips in an alternating way (so there are gaps between clips from the same camera, but almost 100% coverage with the 2 cameras together – we used this method for a more creative / interesting end result)

HOW DO I import the clips from the 2 cameras in such a way that there will be two different video tracks (so for exemple track 1 for cam 1 and track 2 for cam 2) yet I will be able to sync them via timecode in my timeline ? (talking about premire pro here)

Aditional info:

– the only thing I managed was to select all the clips, create a multi-camera sequence and open that in a timeline format (everything is synced up, but each individual clip is on a different track, so I have 61 video layers basically instead of 2)

I've asked lots of people, red tens of topics, watched lots of tutorial videos, none seemed to answare my question

– I know there is the Multi Camera Monitor, but that option is designe for editing and synching clips when there is 1 long clip / camera, and where you actually watch the entire recording and do the editing real time, which is not my case.

– Some sugested me to use plural eyes, but I don't see any point in using audio based synchronization if I have excelent timecode.

– I also need it done the way I described because for me it;s more manageble that way, I can edit it faster, and I already know what to look for, so it;s again nonesence to use the multicam feature.

The bottom line is that I am looking for something similar to pluraleyes (when you import everything in one timeline) and use the audio info to sync it, but in this case I would use the embeded timecode.

I've red a post where sugesting that what I am for cannot be done in Premiere Pro CS6.

Is there any other well known editing software that does this apparently simple tanks in the way I described it ?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap