Sync B-roll footage – Time Code?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Shaun
      Participant

Hey all,

I do multiple camera shoots and am trying to figure out a way to sync them.  Two of the cameras are easy as they run continous and I can easily sync them in post using a clap.  But then I have my canon t1i that I shoot some b-roll of and I'd like to easily be able to drop that broll into the editing system and easily sync them up to the other footage, but since it's not continuous footage it's often really tedious and challenging.

I'm looking to upgrade to a VG20 or 30 and wondering if this is an option on better cameras like this, or if there is some method to do this while shooting.  

Anyone?

chuckzootz
      Participant

You might try to start your "B" roll cam at the same time as your main cameras. You will have some dead time on your B roll cam but syncing them with a clap is the easiest way to get all of your footage synced. If you miss this step,  I watch all of the b roll footage listening to the sound for key word or noise Mark that place and render it to get all my b roll footage trimed and done, then I start

looking at the rest of the footage, noting where the key words are and bring in the B roll footage where needed, a very time consuming process. Its best to run your B roll cam simultanious with your main cams.

Shaun
      Participant

i wish i could but my b roll camera is an HDSLR… so that's not possible.  No other tricks?  or even gear that can sync up all cameras?

JackWolcott
      Participant

Plural Eyes — http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html   Best on the market.

Shaun
      Participant

wow wow  I really dig it, tried the trial.. thanks Jack… $200  POOF!  but it'll save me some time for sure.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Miscellaneous Techniques’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN