SURPRISE SURPRISE Film Challenge

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello!

With film appreciation and progression in mind, we are just looking to spread the word on a new experiment in film that we’ve just initiated, SURPRISE SURPRISE Film Challenge, Creation, & Curation.

The aim of the game is simple: your film must be exactly the time length given and it should, in anyway whatsoever, be guided by the reference points provided: When? Where? Who? With…?

This week, for example, the film must be exactly one minute in length and should also include some reference to or use of a bathtub; besides those points, it can take place anywhere, at anytime of day, and make use of any number of characters of your creation. All films must be submitted before the end of Sunday (January 12th).

Following this, the idea is that each and every Monday, a new challenge will be assigned.

Make a short, short film every week, forever. Why? The idea is to provide an opportunity for filmmakers of all levels of experience to form a routine to exercise their creativity and hone their filmmaking skills.

Where do you come in to this? Well, we were kind of hoping you’d be interested in either making a film (with or without your name attached) or just simply spreading the word.

Let us know! Thanks for the consideration.

The SURPRISE SURPRISE Team

http://www.surprisesurprisefilms.com

*Be careful with this. I looked at their site and there's barely anything there. There's a form for submitting your 'film'. Looks more like a Data Mining scam. Be advised….

Participant

Composite1, I thought the same thing when I saw this. I got better things to do…… see ya!

Surprise,

Maybe not. But your web page leaves little to go on. VM forums gets hundreds of fly-by-night outfits asking for videos (for free) when all they are looking for is data to sell. After giving your page a thorough looking over, I stand by my assessment until you prove otherwise.

Participant

You guys are being a little too paranoid! I understand the need to be cautious. But this is a real challenge. We are looking for nothing more than your participation. We will not use submissions in any way other than to present them on our site for viewing. That's all. 

Thank you. 

You have to build trust before people will give you the time of day.

Participant

You are absolutely correct! Please, visit our site tomorrow to view the submitted films and then, perhaps, you would be interested in participating next week… 

Thank you! 

Participant

Check out the films from week 1 and vote for your favorite: 

http://www.surprisesurprisefilms.com/archive/

Week 2: 
      This week, all films must be exactly 1 minute and 30 seconds in length and should include some reference to an imaginary/invisible friend; besides that, it can take place anywhere, anytime, and make use of any number of characters of your creation. 

http://www.surprisesurprisefilms.com

Participant

This is NOT a scam.

Thank you. 

This is the second thank-you I've written to you today! Thanks for checking this out.

Data mining and data to sell? I do not quite understand what you mean by that? he wants to sell the footage as stock footage or just run ads on his site?

Jknight

syracuse video production

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap