Suitable prizes for video competition

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey all,

The company I work for wants to do a video competition, something quite large which will get a fair amount of exposure.
      They want people to create videos which would be an advert for our company.
      The winning team or video maker/editor/director would win a substantial prize.
      The competition would be open to all countries so there would be interested parties from many parts of the world competing.

My question is this:

What type of prizes would entice you to enter?
      If you say cash, how much do you think would be a good prize?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

PGDS

Participant

Not enough info to really help.  Is the contest aimed at professionals, semi-pro or amatuers, what is the size of the company, how will the video be used, etc?  Also, is the company something that people will be jazzed to do something for?  Dr. Pepper, a cool band, or an amusement park will have far more success than a hardware company for instance.  

I work with a lot of regional and national clients and many local ones as well.  Contests like this are often viewed as a cheep way to get a spot.  Truth is, you will spend more promoting this type of event and on the price than on a really good ad campaign and media schedule.  When used properly, this type contest is used as part of a social media, and mass media campaign to increase brand loyalty, not to get free creative.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap