Suggestions for editing software – Didn’t like Blender

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Suggestions for editing software – Didn’t like Blender

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey folks, my first of hopefully many posts. I downloaded Blender and didn't get past step one, importing a file. If that was a chore, I figured, let's try something else. I am an amateur who will be looking to constantly build my knowledge, so something versatile yet intuitive is what I seek. Any suggestions? Thanks! πŸ™‚

Participant

There are a few "Not so bad" softwares out there that work pretty well. The one thing you need to pay attention to is system spec's and if the software supports the file types you are importing. With many cameras going to AVCHD, some software are having a tough time with it. So you need to make sure when buying the software that it will be supported by you system first.

Of the "inexspensive" softwares out there I would recommend Sony's Movie Studio 11. It runs about 99 bucks and is in the same price range as Pinnacle and a few others but has good support for file types and a lot of editing extra's, not to mention good support for export formats. It also seems to be very stable.

Hope that helps and have fun.

Participant

First of all, Blender is for 3D animation, not video editing.

+1 to Woody's recommendation for Vegas Movie Studio. I use and teach Vegas at a local community college and it's ease of use is why I like it so much.

BTW, you can get it for $45 on the Sony site.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudio

Mike

Participant

Thanks Woody and Mike,

I just downloaded the free trial of Music Studio and will play around with it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video β€” 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap