Succeed in Corp. Video – need input

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey everybody!
      I haven’t been on the forums in a while(I don’t even live in Colorado anymore!), but it’s good to be back!

When I originally got on this forum, I was starting out making home movies as a teenager, but later found my niche in corp. video and have now made thousands of dollars producing short (2-5 min) online advertising/demo videos for various local businesses.

I think it’s time to give back. I’m working on a training course in both print and audio formats that will explain what I know about making corp. demos in the trenches, how to make money, how to have fun, how to have as little stress as possible.

Here’s the list of things I’m including in the course:

TECH SKILLS
      basic video production how-to: picking a camera/computer/software
      learning any software program in 10 days
      making quality corp. videos (focus on audio/music, sharp editing and graphics; quality talent)
      building your own website easily, quickly and cheaply

BUSINESS SKILLS
      getting your first video gigs
      secrets to increase income and decrease expenses
      auditioning pro talent, hiring crew, finding locations
      financial statements and the basics of how money works(how rich people think)

CREATIVE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
      cheap ways to get copywriting/direct response marketing skills (for scriptwriting, designing your website)
      communicating your idea to the client:
      scripts, treatments and storyboarding
      animatics
      pitching/sales

Is there anything anyone can think of that I’m missing, anything you’ve heard would be necessary to know that I forgot, or anything that’s important in your industry that I should consider including in the course?
      Thanks in advance! Chris

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap