You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Studio Paint color for Green Screen setup?

Home Forums General Video and Film Discussion Studio Paint color for Green Screen setup?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BruceMol 8 months ago.

• Author

NEP

I am setting up a Green Screen in my studio.  The angled walls are white(cant change that) and the other straight walls are builder beige. It is in an upper level long room. Should I paint these walls a different color so I do not get issues with color spill/reflection from the Green Screen? New at GS in my home studio, but the TV studio I worked at had white walls next to the GS walls. I was thinking of painting them a grey. I edit there too. Also, there is a window behind the GS I will be setting up, since it is a portable GS. Does it have to be completely blacked out?

Thanks!!!

BruceMol
    Participant

My room sounds similar and I wouldn't paint it green. When I green screen I crop the finished footage as close as I can to the talent so I don`t really need the extra width. I also have a window behind my green screen. Before setting up my green screen I lower the blind, close the curtain, drap a doubled over black bed sheet (yes, they make black sheets!) (baaa) and then I don`t get like through.

NEP

Thanks! OK, Ill try that for the window. I just was not sure about the light from the window being an issue. As far as the paint, I was thinking of grey since it is now tan. I have a portable fabric GS im using. I was curoius to see if the lights would bounce off the tan/white walls around the rest of the room vs having them painted darker.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.