Streaming Photos to the Web

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,
      So, here’s what I need. I need to use a wifi webcam to automatically take pictures at a certain interval, and then stream those pictures to a webpage.

Does anyone have any ideas for the best software to use for this?

Thanks in advance!

Conner Savoca

Participant

It’s not hard, and not that expensive – but unless you already have your internet connection setup with a static IP address, you’ll need to setup an account with a provider who will track your connection to the net. If this makes sense, good – if not, then you definitely need to go with a provider – Google brings up plenty – use this one to get you going http://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/how-to-setup-a-webcam-and-access-it-from-anywhere/
      The problem is most internet accounts have what’s called a dynamic IP address. If your broadband drops out, or your computer shuts down because Windows restarted it, then the connection to the internet could be on a different IP address – which makes it difficult for people to reconnect to. You can set up a webcam by people clicking on a link, but that’s not how it usually works with streaming.

Thanks for your reply! I have the camera and it came with software to create a private IP address and view it only on login. But do I need to forward the ports to create a public IP address or just work it as an FTP upload from a program that takes the photos?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap