Steadyvid Opteka Stabilizer – GoPro Hero 3

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone,

First of all i would like to apologize for my english (working on it).

Recently I bought SteadyVid Opteka stabilizer which is used for camcorders up to one kilogram. The problem is I own GoPro Hero3 whose weight is much lower.

Any advise how to balance it perfectly? I tried to add some more weight next to the GoPro camera but it´s not stable at all. I would appreciate any of your advises!

Have a nice day guys

Participant

Since I'm not familiar with this camera stabilizer, I did a little research and found some videos on YouTube. One by Tom Antos covers stabilizers in general and has a couple of models like yours and he shows you how to balance them. It's titled "Learn to use any steadicam – Part 2."  A couple of videos from MrJMMedia entitled "How to Balance the Opteka SteadyVid Pro Stabilizer in Under 20 Min!!!" and "Dynamic Balance with the Opteka SteadyVid Pro" obviously cover the Pro version, which is slightly different, but he gives a more thorough explanation of how to balance it and it may prove helpful in general. You might want to check them out. Hope they solve your problem.

Will

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap