stablizer for Canon HV-20 + Rode mic

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Canon HV-20 and a Rode VideoMic. The weigh including batteries and tape I think will be just under 3 pounds. I'd like to buy a stablizer but after reading many reviews and watching YouTube videos, I'm not much closer. Possibly a Glidecam 1000 which is good for up to 3 pounds, but should I go for the 2000 model or would that not work since it's designed for heavier cameras?

Participant

I have used the Canon HV20 and HV30 to shoot many videos, mostly music related.

In addition to the camcorder I often mount a shotgun mic and a wide angle lens. I use a stablizer for virtually every hand held shot.  There are a few stablizers that will work well with this rig,

Vidpro SB-10

Flashpoint SteadyCine

Glide Gear SYL3000

FlyCam Mozy

And I am sure there are several others. You can also find instructions for how to build your own if you are into DIY.

Go to websites like Adorama or B&H Photo or eBay and search for Camcorder Stablizer you will find several that will do the job.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap