Stabilizer for vehicle/golf cart

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am working on a commercial video shooting a golf course. I am trying to get flowing footage from the top of a golf cart as I drive around the course.  My problem is that the video is very shaky and mostly unusable because the golf carts are very basic and have no shocks.  I have a sticky pod that I strapped to the top and front, but it still shakes.  Does anyone know of a good stabilizer, DIY or less than $75 that would create smooth shots from the top of a vehicle?  

SteadyCam (way above your budget) but not for the top of the cart… on a co pilot or …. walk

sorry!

Robert

You could try a suction cup mount then stabilize the footage in post. That's the only way I can think to do it for $75

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=dslr+suction+cup+mount&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Participant

If you search on Youtube for  DIY stabilizer, or DIY steadicam, there's bound to be a video that will help you out. There are plenty of DIY vids on YT, and some are quite good.

That would be my suggestion, unless you can rent a Glidecam or Steadicam. What kind of camera are you using?

Participant

suction cup has my vote. otherwise knockoff steadicam with you holding it.

Participant

If you do your own editing…and if your editing software has a "Warp Stabilizer" effect such as does Adobe After Effects and also Premier Pro CS6. Both do an amazing job of stabilizing footage after it has been shot!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube — 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap