Square pixels or rectangle

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

I am starting a short film project in my film school, and since I am not expert in editing,and I have to edit it myself, I found myself kinda lost in the pixel ratios.
      I do understand the general differences that TVs use rectangular ones when computers use the square ones, my problems are:

1- do you choose the pixel ratio while shooting or it happens in post (is it related to the shooting format, HD, HDV,DV…?) or it is just related to editing options;
      2- what is best to chose specially that my short will be projected via a pc mostly, and may be if I'm lucky it might be screened on a tv later on.
      3-does the square pixel work good in TV broadcasting or it ruins the video.

I am using canon 5D for shooting.

I hope somone can help me with these questions, thanks alot in advance.
      Participant

Bring your footage into the editing program and exam the size and pixel ratio there.  Match the footage to avoid unessesary scaling and rendering.

Participant

Good to know that you have shared your doubt, which most of us are facing now. most probably, the pixel ratio will not be imbued while shooting . better go for Nikon SLRs with HD recording. Share your answers with us.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap