Spam and why cant you handle it?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dagunner
      Participant

I have always liked this website and learned a lot from the forums. Now All I see these days is SPAM. I am sure the moderators do what they can but they should not have to waste their time deleting what your site update now allows. I spend a lot less time here due to the spam in the forums. For a bunch of media professionals you guys really don’t look too professional. So, go find a mirror, look into it and say “I will fix this because our members are worth it” Thank you.

JackWolcott
      Participant

I wouldn't have put it quite this way but I have to agree with "dagunner." The spam content is overwhelming the forum. Looking forward to having it blocked!

EarlC

I visit the forums a minimum of two, sometimes three times a day and have very little time for responses or participation because I usually have to go through all the hoops in what does feel like a hopeless defense against an overwhelming amount of off-the-wall, totally non-related even weird stuff that some pretty determined people are spamming here. It is not a happy thing to have to do. Between the spamming and overwhelming amount of very successful but very heavy video contest participation, there's not much room for any other activity. I have faith in the powers that be that they will eventually get things under control, but it is obviously hurting these forums quite a bit, activity wise. Help! Admin!

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

I also visit the forums at least two times a day and like others I'm seeing a lot of spam.  I feel so helpless for not being able to do anything about it. This spammers are so lame that they don't even have the decency to write something other than a weird subject. When they do write a comment it's so ridiculous, unrelated, with no sense, but with the URL hyperlinks with their targeted keyword. This could be a machine doing it or a company that hired spammers for $6 a day to write on this forums (yes that exist). Let's hope Videomaker regular members keep coming back despite this. 

Jennifer O’Rourke
      Inactive

Thanks for your support, guys, we're doing what we can. This came about when we switched to the new site – we're working on it.

JackWolcott
      Participant

We know you are, Jennifer, and thanks.

MediaFish
      Participant

I am sure you are working on the problem however I want to let you know that except for today I have pretty much stopped looking at the site and or participating on the site since changing the site. 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Open Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.