Spam

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What's going on?  It seems every time I get on lately there is 4 or 5 spam topics on the top of the list. 

Participant

I also am frustrated at this. Ever since the great update this is what we get….

I just dumped a boatload of Sunday Spammers after reading the laments from dagunner, Cville and the Honorable Mr. Jack Wolcott 😉 and that's on top of the boatload I dumped this morning. I cannot even tell if any other moderators are doing anything but I'm sure getting worn out trying to keep up with all of this.

I jump ALL the hoops, guys, blocking, de-publishing, de-sticky-ing then going to edit and delete then clicking on the "are you sure you want to do this" banner that pops up. It is a LOT of work, I don't have to tell you, but I'm saying it anyway.

Whatever has opened the doors to these people has torn them off the hinges. I don't know all there is to know about successful spamming but seems I no sooner BLOCK one name than another comes back with virtually identically the same content.

I'm not sophisticated enough to even begin to know how to get this under control, other than going through the mutiple clicks I have to perform to even try and keep it under control,

Our readers and this moderator need some relief. If I go even one day, even a half-day, then there's a dozen or more waiting for me when I check back in.

Luis Oscar MaymiLuis Oscar Maymi
      Participant

At one time when I posted a reply I was asked to put a CAPCTHA, I'm no longer seeing it. It's a pain, but it could help reduce some spam. Please put it back again. 

Participant

I appreciate all the hard work of the moderators. It just seemed like there was just a deluge of spam th last couple of days.

Thanks for all of your efforts.  

Participant

Earl,

I know you do a lot of work here and have hepled many a person in this forum. I and many others appreciate all you do.

Spammers are just as versitile as virus writers. Close one door and they will make another. They might need more people like you to handle it until they get it stoped.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock media sites — 2019

If you’ve so far avoided using stock media in your projects because of the stigma it carries in certain filmmaking circles, you’re missing out.
homicide-bootstrap