Sound recorders, built for music vs video

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Sound recorders, built for music vs video

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      holdec03

Hi all,

I’m new to the video game and have thus far only put some videos on youtube but I’m slowly learning my way around everything.

I’ve been gradually building up the essential equipment required and next on my list is a sound recorder. What I want to know is whether there is a huge difference between devices built for video and those engineered with music in mind?

As well as making videos, I’m in a band and I’m keen to record some music which has made me quite interested in getting one device that does it all.

At the moment I really like the look of the Zoom r24, its not huge, battery powered and records 8 tracks simultaneously to an SD card. It can phantom power a number of mics and so on… On the other hand I’m thinking about Tascam’s DR60D mkii or DR70D.

Does anyone use an r24 for making videos? Is there anything I should know before I take the plunge? Is there are reason I should be going for a Tascam over the Zoom? Is there a reason a portastudio won’t be suitable for videos?

I understand this is a bit of a debatable topic and there will be some difference of opinions here but any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN