Sound Problems with the Sony HDR FX7

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have been getting noise in my audio when I am shooting video with my Sony HDR FX7 Handycam. I purchased an XLR adapter from Sammy’s camera with a gain control and I still get noise in my audio. Is there any way to get clean sound with the Sony HDR FX7 Handycam?

Participant

What kind of mics have your tried? Even with an XLR adapter you're still using the camera's AGC circuitry so it's a losing battle πŸ™
      You may want to consider getting something like a Zoom recorder and using your camera's audio as a scratch track for lining up the audio from a good portable recorder with manual gain controls.

Mike

I used a SHURE PG58 mic. I have tried two XLR adapters that were supposed to work well for video cameras and control the AGC. I do have a TASCAM digital recorder but this means more post production work.

I am going to contact SONY about this. For the money that I paid for this camera, you would assume that the sound would be good some kind of way!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera β€” 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap