Sony Vegas black screen

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

So I have Sony Vegas pro 13.0 and my preview screen is black for all of my clips, but the audio is fine. I recorded the footage with an Iphone 5s and I don’t know what to do. I’ve done a lot of research and none of the methods have solved my problem. I’ve tried deleting all fx and I’ve changed my properties to the recommended properties and I don’t know what else to do. Please help.
      Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/kYTkd

help

Participant

Make sure you haven’t clicked the split screen icon above the preview monitor. It looks a bit like the full-screen icon in the same row of icons.

Import footage from another source — VHS or miniDV for example — and see if that shows up. It may be that Vegas doesn’t like the iPhone format.

Try playing a clip in the full-screen mode to see if it shows up there. If it does, go back to properties and reexamine what you see there regarding preview.

In my experience with Vegas 13, which I use daily, if the audio plays but there is no image it’s almost certainly a problem with the format of the material imported. MOV files, for example, are notorious for this. Try converting the source material before importing it and see if that makes any difference.

Good luck. Let us know how you solve the problem. You might also post on the Vegas and Creative Cow forums to see if anyone there has
    other suggestions.

Participant

What are the Properties of the file you phone produces. Then look up the Vegas properties and see if it supports that type of file format.
    I use Kdenlive and it supports anything I can throw at it, even if i put 20 different file formats on the timeline it works.

Participant

If all your clips are black, as you indicate, you really don’t have any “edited clips” yet. You might try running a couple of the source clips through Handbrake, which you can download free and see if converting them to MP4 works.

You can also convert files in VLC, the free video viewer. Look at the article at https://en.softonic.com/articles/vlc-media-player-as-video-converter for more information about this.

Participant

Do tell me music234, what does your comment have to do with this question? that answer he puts here is nothing but spam

Alright, I’m going to be a bit of a savior here. I have had this issue all day on a project that I’ve been working on since April. I am a bit of a Vegas veteran and I knew about and tried all the usual fixes.

My fix: Right click on any non-functional clip. Check out the Media tab and see if there is a weird Format setting. For example, in my case, Bandicam installed its own codec and made it the default format. So, I blew Bandicam’s F-ING head off and it defaulted back to Sony Motion JPEG. The issue is fixed.

If you have tried the following and it hasn’t worked, you likely have my issue.

Options>Preferences>General>Close Media Files when Not Active (FAILED)
    Options>Preferences>Video>GPU acceleration of video processing (turn off) (FAILED)
    Right click on clips>Video Event>Resample (FAILED)

Yes the videos are MOV, but is there a way to convert all of the edited clips (not the clips themselves) into mp4 or some other file format?

• Viewing 6 reply threads

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
    homicide-bootstrap