Sony pj710v hiss

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Hello,

I have the sony pj710v. I can't get rid of the hiss noise it records. I have tryed using broadcast microphones like sennheiser me66, me88 and also audio technica wireless lavalier all feeding into xlr pro adapter and then into the camera 3.5mm audio input. The xlr pro volume adjustment doesn't change the hiss noise in anyway.
      My questions is what would be the most cost effective way to record sound without noise? Can something like xlr adapter XLR-K1M be used on this camera? Or should I be looking at second system for sound recording?

Any input is appreciated.
      Thank you.
      Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Keep an eye on your gain. If it's turned up too high, you'll get that hiss. If you can't get around increasing the gain, you might want to try using a preamp between your mic and your camera.

Participant

Unfortunatly the sony camera has no audio control except normal and low setting.

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

I'll be that's the problem then. The camera is likely adding a layer of auto-adjusted gain.

Is the mic self powered? That is, does it require a battery?

Participant

Mike,

Yes all the microphones that I listed above were powered with selfbattery. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap