Sony nx5u

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      donnanup

I want to be able to take real crisp quality close up videos of jewelry with my Sony NX5U. BHphoto recommended me a Heliopan close up lens L.3. I do not believe the quality is there. Also I have to get way too close to the subject to be able to focus ( i believe a few cm). I am looking for a solution that allows me to be at a reasonable distance and be really sharp. Can anyone please tell me if there is a better solution for me? Thank you, Umberto.

JackWolcott
      Participant

Well, according to the owner’s manual: “The minimum distance required between your
      camcorder and the subject for focus is about 1 cm (about 13/32 in.) for wide angle and about
      80 cm (about 2 5/8 feet) for telephoto. The focus may not be adjusted at certain zoom
      positions if the subject is within 80 cm (about 2 5/8 feet) from your camcorder.”
      This seems counter intuitive, but give it a try.
      As for the macro (closeup) lens not providing a sharp image, I’d try another adapter — perhaps a Tiffen to see if that will give you better image quality.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Professional Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.