Sony nx5u

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I want to be able to take real crisp quality close up videos of jewelry with my Sony NX5U. BHphoto recommended me a Heliopan close up lens L.3. I do not believe the quality is there. Also I have to get way too close to the subject to be able to focus ( i believe a few cm). I am looking for a solution that allows me to be at a reasonable distance and be really sharp. Can anyone please tell me if there is a better solution for me? Thank you, Umberto.

Participant

Well, according to the owner’s manual: “The minimum distance required between your
      camcorder and the subject for focus is about 1 cm (about 13/32 in.) for wide angle and about
      80 cm (about 2 5/8 feet) for telephoto. The focus may not be adjusted at certain zoom
      positions if the subject is within 80 cm (about 2 5/8 feet) from your camcorder.”
      This seems counter intuitive, but give it a try.
      As for the macro (closeup) lens not providing a sharp image, I’d try another adapter — perhaps a Tiffen to see if that will give you better image quality.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best tripods for video — 2021

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap