Sony nex-f3

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What are your thoughts on this camera? Primarly using to film music videos. What other camera would you reccomend over this for someone just starting out in the same price range.

Participant

I use the NEX VG20 and love it. I think the f3 uses the same sensor.  With the  interchangeable lenses at that price range you should be able to get some good results. 

Hi wade – the F3 will give you great images – but you will have a 30 minute video clip length limit and no viewfinder.

Assuming that you're planning to spend about $500 on the NEX-F3, I would spend about the same amounf of money on a used Panasonic GH1 with a viewfinder and no limit on the length of your clips.  With this camera, an inexpensive Sigma 19mm f2.8 lens, and a free frimware hack, you can get images like these:

http://vimeo.com/43625636 (Warning: NSFW)

Used GH1s go for around $300 on Amazon and eBay – and a new Sigma 19mm f2.8 is $199 on Amazon and eBay.

If you can save up an extra $100, you can get a used GH1 with the 10x 14-140 zoom lens for around $600 used from Amazon or eBay.

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your videos!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap